Zettelkasten Forum

File naming convention option in preferences

Sorry, I'm just starting to use the program: I see that in "Preferences / General" there is the "File Naming Convention" option. If I select "Start empty file names with Untitled" I see that the new notes that I write take "Untitled" as the file name and are thus displayed in the "Note List". Alternatively, if I choose the "Use Id for empty file names" option, the notes will have the automatically generated ID as the name.

I was wondering if there was any way to have the names of the files - and therefore of the notes displayed in the "Note List" - with the ID followed by the first line of the note ... Or, alternatively, the title of the first line. This is because even if I choose the "Start empty file names with Untitled" option I find it a waste of time having to select the note in the "Note List" and rename it.

Thanks!

• Marco.

Comments

• @mrcmrc That's a common request, and we will have a look at what to do with it, but currently that doesn't work. An interesting variation was to consider not the first line, but the first heading of a document. We'll see!

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• Thank you for the kind reply Christian, ok I'll look forward for it in the future versions of the Archive!

;-)

• Marco.

@ctietze said:
    @mrcmrc That's a common request, and we will have a look at what to do with it, but currently that doesn't work. An interesting variation was to consider not the first line, but the first heading of a document. We'll see!