Zettelkasten Forum

Keyboard Maestro

Since happening across The Archive, which I first heard about on this Back to Work podcast episode, I've read lots of the really interesting and informative information on this forum. This includes lots of mentions of Keyboard Maestro macros to add functionality to The Archive and the Zettlekasten approach generally.

It occurs to me that it would great to have a index somewhere within the forum of the myriad different Keyboard Maestro macro that people have created. It could perhaps function much like a structure note or master index, with links to further discussion on individual macros/functions.
This would, I'm sure, form a great resource for many people and be a real help for those keen to increase their efficiency but perhaps not quite so tech savvy.

It feels kind of cheeky suggesting this but perhaps sometime soon I'll be able to offer up my own ideas and macros for others to make use of!

Dan

Comments

• You're right, not losing these gems in the stream of recency is important. I'll open a pinned post in the "The Archive" category to get hold of them for now. Better ideas are welcome, too :)

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• edited April 2018

I think that is a good point. Since The Archive left private beta, forum activity has significantly increased, and a lot of different types of posts wind up in the The Archive forum. This is also the reason why I have decided to submit bug reports primarily via email from now on, so they would not further clog up the forum, even though seeing other users' bug reports is sometimes helpful.

Ideally, I think, we would have a couple subforums for The Archive (e.g., one for user enhancements such as Keyboard Maestro macros, one for feature requests, one for bug reports, etc.), but it looks like the forum software only supports one hierarchy level.

If you like The Archive's "PrettyFunctional (Basic)" theme, consider upgrading to the "PrettyFunctional (Regular)" theme.

• Actually, nested categories would work, too. I'm not that happy with the current layout, either. We'll experiment a bit more.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/