Zettelkasten Forum

Multiple instances

@ctietze is there a way to have multiple instances of 'The Archive' running at the same time. So one could view two zettels at a time for comparison or combination. If this was the case then possibly multiple projects Zettelkastens could be viewed and manipulated at the same time. Different Zettelkastens tied to different archive instances.

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• Just adding a +1 here. Right now I'm doing this by running The Archive and Sublime Text side-by-side, but I'd rather have multiple Archive windows instead.

• Can you make us a couple of screenshots?

I am a Zettler

• In my case, I have two different zettelkastens. I can change from one to another by using The Archive’s menu, but it doesn’t remember any previous location, which means that opening another zk means digging through my file system. Instead, I use The Archive for one zk and Sublime for another. If The Archive made it easier to swap zks or have two open at once, I wouldn’t need Sublime.